Thursday, June 9, 2011

Samplers old and New


Several months ago Jessica Burko hosted a get-together at her South End studio to send a Boston Handmade member off in crafty style. While rummaging through her stash of paper ephemera I happened upon a page of notebook paper with a small stitched sampler attached and was so completely charmed that Jessica gave it to me (thanks Jessica). I can't be sure when this was stitched but it seems young Wilhemina received a grade of 92 for her efforts

Recently I reinterpreted the sampler for a workshop I taught at the BCAE using some awesome "by the yard" toweling that I picked up at Gather Here in Cambridge. I had a great time teaching the class and hope to do so again. In the meantime I will be posting a tutorial on how to create a tea towel stitch sampler of your own so stay tuned.

No comments: